from bottom to top: osage, cochineal, madder, logwood, brazilwood, fustic, cochineal, brazilwood, madder, osage, logwood, cochineal.
I began solid prints #2 today and I think I'll leave them even longer this time, perhaps 9 days. I put them in extra wet this time and arranged them so all the fine swatches were placed on one side of the table and the thick ones on the other. I think having the thick ones beside the thin ones didn't allow for enough pressure on the thin ones, creating mostly an outline of the thinner ones.
I also think the madder and cochineal may not have many more prints in them, if even a second one. We'll see next week.
today I took the first prints out and they look great. I'm really happy with the results. All the details to come in another post.
Using the Singer LK 100 knitting machine on gauge 3.
Yarn info: 100% wool. woolen spun.
13 stitches and 26 rows = 3" X 4" unblocked
17 stitches and 26 rows = 4" X 4" unblocked