I spent the entire day yesterday trying to get my small gauge knitting machine working. As I troubleshot via my manual I realized that there are removable brushes in my carriage. I went to remove them and realized one was mangled beyond repair; broken plastic parts and matted bristles. It resembled my hair on most mornings. I was so frustrated that I gave up on that machine all together. After a fabulous date with my husband, out for Korean dinner (Hanwoori) and then to Alice in Wonderland 3D, we trekked over to N.Van to retrieve my 'good' knitting machine (Singer LK100). YAY!! Now I am a happy knitter with a lot of catching up to do.
I've successfully finished the back of three spring tanks and the fronts for two. All was well until I tried to feed my large gauge knitting machine lace fingering merino yarn. After about an hour and a half of frogging I finally discovered that it just needed more tension ie. more weights.